Monday, August 10, 2009

Lauren and I have had a busy, busy day. We had two scheduled stops for in-service presentations today--first in Wynnewood and then in Ada. We finished up at lunch time, ate, and hit the road, passing out our education materials at some of the smaller school districts in the area: Latta, Roff, Dickson, Ardmore, Plainview, and Springer. There may have been more, but I have lost track. It was a really successful day even if it took on a different life than what we had anticipated. Ada teachers were wonderful and we felt we made some great headway there. A special thanks to Ms. Paula Kedy there who helped us put materials in the hands of excited teachers!

On the way back from Springer, Lauren pulled off the road to the Turner Falls overlook. Turner Falls is down the road from Chickasaw National Recreation Area. It is another vacation hotspot among both locals and tourists. I had heard about Turner Falls all summer, but hadn't seen it yet. I was really grateful to Lauren for stopping and showing me before I left....




And then....
We stopped for Fried Pies! You may remember from my Big Thicket entry that I tried one in Texas....however, this (the one I tried today) was the type that I believed to be the "true" fried pie. It was fabulous. Definitely fried (how could it NOT be fabulous!?) and full of fruit filling. I chose peach.

Another fantastic day as a National Park Ranger!










0 Comments:

Post a Comment